Considering I have been a rubbish blogger for the past year (it happens every year and why I haven’t given up on it – I’m not sure!). So I’ll do the same as last year and just try to sum up 2017 like I did 2016. I found a bunch of questions here and decided to try to answer them as best as I can!1. If you had to describe your 2017 in three words, what would they be?
Even if 2017 started pretty rubbish, it ended pretty good. Midway 2017 was becoming more of and adventure even if there weren’t many and long trips. There was still a journey and it brought me many great stories to tell!
2. What, or who, are you most thankful for?
The people who have seen me, acknowledged me and given me a chance. So, I’m going on the limb and will mention that I am thankful for me. For not giving up on me!
3. What new things did you discover about yourself?
That I’m happier, stronger and braver then I might have felt in a very long time.
4. What single achievement are you most proud of?
Kicking anxieties butt, it’s still here – but we know how to live with one another.
5. What was the best news you received?
“I talked to the doctor and things are looking OK, no more treatments.”
6. What was your favourite place that you visited in 2017?
I didn’t visit many places, but I Budapest was a turning point in July.
7. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
My smile, just smiling has been truly helpfull.
8. Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on?
Me, even if I tried to give myself a few throws this year. I did rely on me!
9. Which new skills did you learn?
To deal with my anxiety and to not just give up.
10. What one event are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
The day I felt like I conquered the world, might only be in my head. But it felt great!
11. If someone wrote a book about your year, what genre would it be?
A great story about facing your fears and accomplishing great things, with a good cliffhanger at the end. So a saga of some sort I guess.
12. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2017?
Trust yourself, you can do this!
13. Which mental block(s) did you overcome?
Most of them, they are no longer a big part of my life. They are there, but we have come to the understanding that I am allowed to be happy, feel happy and enjoy the moments.
14. What five people did you most enjoy spending time with?
My psychologist (mentioned her last years well, but I have missed her! No joke!), my husband to be, me and a few close friends.
15. What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
Two different jobs, one better than the other. And just accepting what is.
16. How did your relationship to your family evolve?
Like last year, ups and downs. Taking last years and this years “effects” into consideration we are pretty much hanging in there.
17. What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
I’m not sure if there was anything specific, but I did a bit of KonMari’ing (The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up: The Japanese Art of Decluttering and Organizing) and it did change the way I clean up, now I just have to learn how to stick with it.
18. What was the best compliment that you received this year?
You look “happy.” Usually I don’t recognize compliments, but when they come from me I do. As there are far in-between.
19. What little things did you most enjoy during your daily life?
Sitting on a bus, looking out a window.
20. What cool things did you create this year?
Not much, but I did some writing. If it will ever see the light of day, no one knows.
21. What did you think about more than anything else?
The feeling of happiness, the one that brings a smile to your face for no other reason then you being happy.
22. What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
I don’t think there was anything in particular, but there is always something catching my mind!
23. What new habits did you cultivate?
Smiling in the morning and the love of Mondays!
24. What advice would you give your early-2017 self if you could?
It get’s better!
25. Did any parts of your self or your life do a 180 this year?
I got a job when in the middle of the summer, you know the time when you think no one is hiring! Kind-of changed everything a bit.
26. What had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
Smiling and giving my self a break!
27. What was your most common mental state?
Confused or happy.
28. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life?
I said out loud to a flight attendant “I am scared of flying!), twice!
29. What was your favourite moment spent with friends?
Anytime that made me laugh!
30. What major goal did you lay the foundations for this year?
Be kinder to myself!
31. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
The worries of life crashing down, it didn’t and now we are passed it!
32. What one experience would you choose to repeat if you could?
All of the small moments, just thinking about how good I was feeling.
33. What was the best gift you received?
Any compliment I gave to myself, without analysing it or thinking I was just trying to fool myself.
34. How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
Positive, way more positive.
35. What was the biggest problem you solved?
Not sure if there was any, but if it was big then – it sure isn’t now.
36. What was the funniest moment, one that still makes you burst out laughing?
When I accidentally pushed the “open” button on the train, whilst pulling up my pants. Good thing I had alcohol in my bloodstream at this point!
37. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
I’m not really sure, but I’m guessing it wasn’t for me!
38. What one thing would you do differently and why?
39. What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
Overcoming several obstacles.
40. What activities made you lose track of time?
Working or sitting on the bus!
1. What do you want the overarching theme for your 2018 to be?
Happiness, openness, positivity and gratitude. Sooo, same as 2017 really!
2. What do you want to see, discover, explore?
The world, probably not going to happen – but I still wan’t it. And see far away friends!
3. Who do you want to spend more time with in 2017?
Friends and family, and those far away friends!
4. What skills do you want to learn, improve or master?
I would like to learn a language! Because it might be handy.
5. Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
I have no specific one, but all of them would be great!
6. What do you want your everyday life to be like?
An everyday adventure!
7. Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of?
Change: The way I procrastinate my spare time!
Cultivate: Trying new things!
Get rid of: My addiction to nicotine and sugar!
8. What do you want to achieve career-wise?
Not be unemployed again within the next 52 weeks! <- same as 2017, but it’s a good one! As I like my job and my colleagues.
9. How do you want to remember the year 2018 when you look back on it 20 years from now?
As a great year, or a good sequel to 2017!
10. What is your number one goal for 2018?
Save money, laugh and be happy!