So after I commented on Simone‘s blog post (who by the way is a wonderful person!) she told me to write my own 10 things. Or as I said “You really don’t want to know 10 things about me, it will creep you out!”.
It might not, but there are things about me that not many people know – but I’ll share some of. Here are my 10 things:
1. I have made friends and connected with people who I admire, I have never met them – so far it’s purely online. Mr.Tookles, Simply by Simone, YOUnfolded and KG are some of them. I communicate with them via blogging and other platforms.
Thank you for being such amazing human beings and inspiring to the world, each in your own different way.
2. I’m a virgo – I was born 3 months premature in 1987, yes apparently I am turning 30 this year something I find odd as I only registered the year I turned 23 and 26 in my head. And yes – I do have my issues from being born premature, but I try not to think about it to much.
What happened in between 23-26 and now 30 I have no idea.
3. My anxiety is a weird gnome living inside my head, who ticks on very strange things. Specially about being late for things, so I prefer to show up 1 hour early (trying to beat it, trust me – I even managed to complete my psychologists goal of being late. I was late last session by 1 minute! We are both impressed by that!).
I am happy I am no longer afraid of talking about it and knowing what it is. I have come a long way over the past year when it comes to dealing with something I most likely have had my entire life or at least for as long as I can remember.
4. I don’t like wearing socks or shoes. Not even sandals, I do it because I have to. But my feet are so warm that I often sweat a lot on my feet, and we all know how that works out in the end.
5. I love writing, but I feel like I haven’t found my path in blogging. It kind of feels like a struggle, I have no plan of ever earning money or have it as a bacon bringing thing. But I just wish I could find my way. I put a lot of pressure on myself when it comes to writing – so it often means that I just give up and/or scrap a lot of the things I write. I have a trillion ideas in my head, but they never make it on to a page – because I never find the courage either to do it or post it. I wish there was someone to help me or that I actually had an interesting enough life that it would be something to write about.
6. I wish I had a more creative side of me, so I could contribute to the world by writing, drawing or just being more amazing than I am at something artistic. I am really self-conscious (thank you anxiety and perfectionism) so if I actually manage to try something – I again give up before I become good at it.
7. I love neon colours. I don’t know why – I just do, they make me happy. Especially neon pink! And I don’t like pink in general that much.
8. I took me 20+ years for me to actually like the name my parents gave me, I love my last name (as it’s a protected last name/surname and it’s a family name from my dad’s side).
9. I can get agitated if my boyfriend (whom I have been with for 7 years, lived with for 6,5 years and been engaged to for 1 year) tells me he is coming home late and then comes earlier then expected. It’s not that I don’t like him, but I do enjoy being on my own!
10. I avoid stepping on manhole cover’s no matter what! As I belive there is no one to hit me on the back three times to reverse the bad luck at all times. It might have become a bad habit, seriously. So I most likely have not stepped on one over that past 15-20 years!
And just two extra for the fun of it:
11. I have never lived anywhere else but Norway, but I sound like an American.
12. I love traveling, except for the traveling part!
And now to the more important stuff, what are your 10 things? And how are you doing today?