Considering I have been a rubbish blogger for the past year, I thought I might as well just try to sum up 2016. I found a bunch of questions here and decided to try to answer them as best as I can!1. What one event are you going to tell your grandchildren about?
The day I got engaged or the day I just had enough. Both are good stories and both with happy endings. Even if they are two totally different stories.
2. If you had to describe your 2016 in three words, what would they be?
Challenging, rubbish and sad.
3. What new things did you discover about yourself?
That I have more sides and qualities then I ever knew.
4. What single achievement are you most proud of?
I don’t think there is a special moment that I am most proud of, but seeking help was a big achievement and realising I’m not alone in having these problems.
5. What was the best news you received?
“I am happy to say that they want to offer you the position.”
6. What was your favourite place that you visited in 2016?
Copenhagen, by far the best place as it was also a turning point in my life.
7. Which of your personal qualities turned out to be the most helpful this year?
My ability to adapt, that becoming unemployed forced me to see things differently.
8. Who was your number one go-to person that you could always rely on?
Either the husband to be or a few of my close friends and former colleagues
9. Which new skills did you learn?
Whilst being unemployed, I learned how to knit. Honestly I’m only great at scarfs/wrap – but they do the thing for me.
10. What, or who, are you most thankful for?
I am most thankful for the help I have received and all the great people I have gotten to know.
11. If someone wrote a book about your year, what genre would it be?
Either a drama novel or a biography. No other way would do it justice.
12. What was the most important lesson you learnt in 2016?
Just hang in there!
13. Which mental block(s) did you overcome?
I’ve not gotten that far, but I am working on all of them. One by one. Social phobia is a bit better than it was 6 months ago!
14. What five people did you most enjoy spending time with?
My psychologist (- sounds weird. huh?), my husband to be, me and a few close friends.
15. What was your biggest break-through moment career-wise?
Breakthrough? None, I ended up being unemployed. But in two days I start a new job.
16. How did your relationship to your family evolve?
I’m not sure what way, with my niece and nephew it was uphill. But with the rest it’s a bit of a ups and down.
17. What book or movie affected your life in a profound way?
His Majesty The King of Norway’s New Years Even speech. He reminded me of the situation I have been in and what I am working towards. Being a bit kinder to myself!
18. What was the best compliment that you received this year?
It was from me and it was “Good job!”. It meant the world, it wasn’t forced or without meaning, I sincerely ment it.
19. What little things did you most enjoy during your daily life?
Talking to someone else. Meeting someone else.
20. What cool things did you create this year?
Three scarfs/wraps, 3 months of calendar and awesome gift tags for Christmas.
21. What did you think about more than anything else?
“When will this all be over”.
22. What topics did you most enjoy learning about?
I learned a lot of different things, like did you know the Q in Q-tip is for Quality?
23. What new habits did you cultivate?
Writing in a book, where I am only allowed to be positive towards myself!
24. What advice would you give your early-2016 self if you could?
Hey Kid, no matter how bad it seems – most of it will work itself out. Just hang in there.
25. Did any parts of your self or your life do a 180 this year?
I became unemployed and my mother was diagnosed with cancer at the same time. That was a rough one. (She is getting treatment!)
26. What had the biggest positive impact on your life this year?
When I started being kind and positive towards my self. Realising that making mistakes are OK! Just don’t give up!
27. What was your most common mental state?
Not really there, sad, confused and waiting.
28. Was there anything you did for the very first time in your life?
I was honest, properly honest.
29. What was your favourite moment spent with friends?
Drinking wine and playing games!
30. What major goal did you lay the foundations for this year?
I had none, but I did achieve a lot anyways.
31. Which worries turned out to be completely unnecessary?
The worry of everything. Still working on it.
32. What one experience would you choose to repeat if you could?
When the husband to be proposed.
33. What was the best gift you received?
A job, 2 days before Christmas! Best Christmas present ever!
34. How did your overall outlook on life evolve?
It went in a positive direction at the end I think.
35. What was the biggest problem you solved?
Problems? Hello I am made out of problems. We are still working on them!
36. What was the funniest moment, one that still makes you burst out laughing?
I had a lot of sad and depressing days as unemployed. But one day I decided to play Abba on vinyl record, I chose the song “Does your mother know?” and danced around like a total idiot until I was laughing so hard I started to cry. It was fun! Real FUN!
37. What purchase turned out to be the best decision ever?
Buying a house! Nice thing to have a roof over ones head!
38. What one thing would you do differently and why?
I wouldn’t do anything differently, because it’s not an option. What is done is done!
Now let’s move one!
39. What do you deserve a pat on the back for?
Hanging in there and doing my best!
40. What activities made you lose track of time?
Binge watching of TV-shows.
1. What do you want the overarching theme for your 2017 to be?
Happiness, openness, positivity and gratitude.
2. What do you want to see, discover, explore?
I want to discover more positive sides of myself and explore what is out there for me!
3. Who do you want to spend more time with in 2017?
My nephew and niece, they are truly awesome tiny people!
4. What skills do you want to learn, improve or master?
The skill of not giving up so easily.
5. Which personal quality do you want to develop or strengthen?
Being me. And not care about what everyone else is doing!
6. What do you want your everyday life to be like?
Challenging in a good way and happy!
7. Which habits do you want to change, cultivate or get rid of?
Change: My view on life!
Cultivate: Positivity towards myself!
Get rid of: My addiction to nicotine and unkindness to myself.
8. What do you want to achieve career-wise?
Not be unemployed again within the next 52 weeks!
9. How do you want to remember the year 2017 when you look back on it 20 years from now?
As a good year, or at least a tiny bit less rubbish than 2016.
10. What is your number one goal for 2017?
Stay positive, Stay happy and Hang in there!